If you’re all about customization, you have probably spent time on this site looking at the wallpapers, icons, fonts, screen savers, and more. One of the things I like to do is make my computer look unique–without going over the top. In this guide, you’ll learn how to give your wireless/wired network a specific icon. If you use different networks on your computer (presumably a laptop), these icons can help you identify the network you need and also look great.
Change the Icon for Your Network
To change the icon for your network, do the following:
- Click on the network icon in the notification area and click Network and Sharing Center
- Next to the network in question, click Customize
- Next to Network Icon, click Change
- Choose a new icon and click OK (You may use custom icons here)
- Exit the network dialogues and enjoy your new icon
While this may not be useful, many people do not know the you can change the icon. I’m not entirely sure why Microsoft put this in their operating system, but I use it so at least one person is making the most of this feature.