Windows Live Photo Gallery is a handy free photo editing program. Some may experience that the application either won’t start at all, or freezes up and stops working after you open it. This happens when the database that’s created by WLPG gets corrupted.
Here’s what you can do to fix it.
- First, create a backup of all pictures saved in WLPG.
- Close Windows Live Photo Gallery.
- Click Start, and in the Search box, type %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Photo Gallery (“Userprofile” is your account name)
- Click OK.
- Look for the files OLD_pictures.pd4 and OLD_Pictures.pd5. Delete these.
- Locate files called Pictures.pd4 and Pictures.pd5 and rename them to OLD_Pictures.pd4 and OLD_Pictures.pd5
- Restart Windows Live Photo Gallery. The database will be regenerated and this should fix the problem.