Recently I was playing with Windows XP’s active desktop and a though came to me: you can embed video in HTML, active desktop displays HTML pages, so can you have a video background in XP with no extra software? The answer is “Yes” and you’ll learn how in this guide.
Running a Video as Your Wallpaper in Windows XP
1. Download this text file, which contains the following code:
2. Replace mintywhite.mpg with the name of your video file
3. Replace height=”800″ with the vertical pixels your screen displays +100 (If you run 1024×768 you’ll use 868)
4. Replace width=”1280″ with the horizontal pixels your screen displays (If you run 1024×768 you’ll use 1024)
5. Save the notepad file as yourname.html somewhere in your documents files
6. Copy the video file to the same folder as the html file
7. Right click the desktop and select Properties
8. Click the Desktop tab and click Browse
9. Change Background files to HTML Documents and select the html file you just created.
10. Press OK and you’re done