If you get Windows Update error 80070422 in Windows 7, this guide is for you.
If you receive Windows Update error 80070422 while downloading updates, you might need to change the Windows Update service settings, and then restart the service.
Change or Restart the Windows Update Service
Note: You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.
- Press Start, type admin, and click on Administrative Tools
- Double-click Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation
- Right-click the Windows Update service, and then click Properties
- On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected
- Next to Service status, check to see if the service is started. If it is not, click Start. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation
If the problem persists after you have followed the steps above, go to the Microsoft Update Solution Center website to try to find more information about the error code.