This guide will help you improve the performance of your SATA hard drive by enhancing write caching. This guide is written for use with Windows Vista.
If you are not sure whether or not you have an SATA drive in your computer, please check with your manufacturer.
A quick warning: If your computer is not connected to a battery backup and you lose power you have a increased risk for data loss or corruption. If you are using a laptop, the chances of this are unlikely as you have a battery in the laptop that will act as a power source if there is an outage.
Now we have the warnings out the way -let’s begin.
- Click on the Start Button and type in Device Manager in the search box. Hit Enter.
- Click on the + Next to Disk Drives.
- Right click on your hard drive and select Properties.
- Select the Policies tab and check Enable advanced performance.
- Now click OK and close Device Manager.
You are done! That was quick – why not take time to browse the site for other guides, or why not leave a comment?