RadarSync is a program designed to keep your drivers and software up to date. In this guide, you’ll learn what RadarSync does and then you can try it for yourself.
Update: As RadarSync is no longer completely free, a representative from RadarSync got in contact. Their comments are at the bottom of this review along with a 30% off coupon code.
When you download RadarSync and install it, you’ll need to select the free version to access its features without buying a license.
RadarSync has a simple interface. When you first open the program, click Start Now to scan your computer to identify needed updates.
The scan is quick; this scan reviews your drivers and software to ensure it’s all up to date.
You will then see a report of all the drivers and software on your machine. If any of these are out of date, you’ll be notified, and you can choose to update them from within the program — no website visiting needed.
As you can see, Notepad++, Pidgin, VLC, and my audio drivers were out of date. After choosing to update them, the program manages the download.
You are offered the opportunity to create a restore point; I highly recommend creating a restore point before updating drivers. Software is probably not as important, but restore-point creation wont hurt.
The restore point will then be created.
Now, you can install your updates through the downloads manager.
RadarSync is a great program for all those who want to keep their computers both secure and up to date.
Update from RadarSync
As one of your readers has commented, some parts of RadarSync are no longer free without upgrading to a Premium Membership. Specifically, downloading the updates is no longer free, and we want to be up front about that to avoid misleading your readers.There are other features of RadarSync that are still free for all, including free online backup of your drivers and apps. I’ve pasted the full list below.Why isn’t it 100% free anymore? Well, to be honest we just had to move to a paid model because internet advertising revenue has fallen dramatically world-wide since the recession began, and because although we have a broadly international user base, ad companies only pay for US hits. It was great that so many people around the world enjoyed using RadarSync for free, but to continue to invest in it and make it better, we need a reliable revenue stream.)
- Update Scan: Scanning your computer for new updates is free — your scan results show you all of the recommended device driver and software file updates for your computer, as well as details on the recommended files.
- Download Updates from RadarSync.com: Using the information from your scan results, you can go to our driver pages or our software pages to find and download your updates.
- Driver/Software Backup: Select all the files in your scan results and click the ‘Pack it!’ button. This will create a backup ‘Pack’ of all your files that can be downloaded anytime, from anywhere. If you get a new computer, or need to reformat your PC, you can download your backup Pack from the ‘My Packs’ folder on RadarSync.
- Packzoola: You can also create and download additional software Packs of your favorite software using RadarSync for free. For more on Packs click here.
What requires registration?
- Automatic download of updates: RadarSync Premium automatically downloads and installs your updates for you. Just select the files you want, and RadarSync takes care of everything. Using automatic downloads ensures that you’re getting the right updates for your system and takes the hassle out of updating.
- Download management: Keep track of the updates you’ve downloaded and installed using RadarSync Premium. Your ‘My Downloads’ folder makes it easy for you to manage your updates, and re-download or delete them if you choose.
- System restore reminders: Before you update, RadarSync Premium helps you set a system restore point for your computer. This is an essential step for driver updates, which can be challenging for even the most advanced users.
- Update Scheduler: Never miss an update when you schedule regular scans with RadarSync Premium’s update scheduler.
- No ads: Users of RadarSync Premium enjoy a 100% ad-free experience.
- VIP Tech Support: As a Premium Member, you’ll get first priority from our tech support team. We promise to answer your support questions within 24 hours after receiving them.
Thank you for the update RadarSync. Get RadarSync at 30% off here (use coupon: UsedFree2377)