Archive for the ‘Windows Vista Maintenance’ Category
There are several folders in your computer that can increase size without you having knowledge of it. It’s very common that programs use temporary files. Every browser also uses caches and cookies.
Some of these applications don’t delete these files after they are used. In this post I am going to explain how to obtain information about the size of the following folders:
This folder which is usually located at “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp” is used for almost every program to store its temporary files.
In this guest post, James Ricketts explores the frequently asked questions pertaining to 3 common file extensions used on a Windows PC.
- Q#1 – I’ve received an .exe file type as an email attachment – how do I open it?
- Q#2 – How do I delete all the .tmp file types from my computer without risking the removal of one or more essential .tmp files?
- Q#3 – What causes file type errors? I’m receiving one when I try to open a .psf file type with Adobe Photoshop – what should I do?
If you’re using Windows and find that icons for common files are displaying as blank icons, it’s because your icon cache is corrupted. Learn, in this guide, how to rebuild the icon cache in Windows Vista and 7.
In this guest post, James Ricketts explores how to solve file type errors related to DVD/CD software. Learn more about James at the conclusion of this post.
Are your encountering file type errors while using your DVD/CD software?
If yes, then this article will guide you on how to rectify these errors. The following topics are covered in detail in this article:
- Examples of file types associated with this popular DVD/CD software
- Common causes of file type errors
- Steps to rectify file type errors related to DVD/CD software
In this guest post, James Ricketts explores repairing PC errors related to audio files. Learn more about James at the conclusion of this post.
We all love to listen to music and play games on or computer; therefore, it is never a pleasant experience to come across errors related to audio files. In today’s world, entertainment is something we all want instantly and uninterrupted, and any delay in this can be frustrating.
The good news is that you can deal with most of these errors on your own, provided you understand what the reasons for the errors are, and how to go about solving them. In this article, we will discuss a few important audio file extensions, and how to deal with error messages related to them.