If you’d like to play your portable audio player through your Windows 7 PC speakers (without unplugging them from the back of the PC), you can use a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. This way you can play your songs through your PC. I realize this tip isn’t for everyone but it’s useful for me as getting to the back of my PC isn’t that easy.
Set Your Line in to Play to Your Speakers
To play your audio player through your speakers:
- Connect your audio player to your PC with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (“earphone” jacks at both ends.) The cable should go from your headphone jack on your portable audio player to the microphone jack on your PC.
- Click the Start button, type sound, and click Sound.
- Click the Recording tab and double click on your line in (usually Microphone, FrontMic, or something similar.)
- Click the Listen tab, check Listen to this device and select Default Playback Device under Playback through this device.
- Click OK and enjoy your music without unplugging your speakers every time.