In this guest post, James Ricketts explores how to boost PC performance. Learn more about James at the conclusion of this post.
Computer owners are always on the lookout for ways to boost their PC performance. Anything that will keep their computer running as efficiently as it did when it was brand new. If you stop for a moment and ponder the reasons why the performance of a new PC is so good, you will recall that a new PC is devoid of any unnecessary information and programs. Another reason for its efficiency is that the data residing in it is uncluttered.
- Not using a program? Remove it immediately. A new computer usually has few important applications and programs that are required for regular usage. After some time, you start installing new programs when the need arises. Sometimes, these programs do not perform as you had expected or may become redundant after they have been used a few times. It it also likely that you will forget about these programs after you stop using them.Even though they are not in use, these programs keep using precious hard disk space and resources. This results in the slow-down of your PC.
To get rid of these unwanted programs:
Click Start >> Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs.
Browse through the list and click on remove programs for any programs that you no longer use.
- Ensure that your Registry is error-free The Windows registry is a critical component of your PC and is necessary for the normal functioning of your computer. The registry of a new computer contains only relevant information about various applications, hardware and software. Due to adding and removing of new programs on your PC, your Windows registry may become bloated with unwanted information and is likely to be slow and prone to registry errors. These errors may range from simple errors to very complex ones like computer freezes, blue screen of death or system crashes.A reliable registry cleaner tool will help you boost the performance of your PC by eliminating redundant registry keys and defragmenting the Windows registry. These third-party software tools are very easy to use and fully automated. In addition to repairing the registry, they perform registry backups that can be very useful if you encounter a system crash.
- Keep your Hard Disk Clean and Uncluttered If your hard disk is burdened with a lot of data, it will leave little space for your computer to process information. This may lead to poor performance of your PC. This situation can be prevented by regular and thorough cleaning. Your operating system provides two essential tools that will help you keep your hard disk clean and defragmented:
- Disk Cleanup: Microsoft has incorporated a Disk Cleanup tool in its operating system that performs well and gets rid of any non-essential files on your PC.
- Disk Defragmenter: This is a utility that has been created to rearrange data residing on your hard disk to improve the speed with which data is accessed.
James Ricketts is a writer whose work can be seen at Instant-Registry-Fixes.org. To find out more about his work or to contact him, please visit Instant-Registry-Fixes.org.