Libraries are introduced with Windows 7; these libraries are special folders with special views. They are “special” because each library is an aggregate of many different folders. The default libraries include pictures, videos, music, and a few others. The data in these folders is a mix of personal files and publicly shared files on the computer/network. In this guide, you’ll learn how to add more libraries to the default selection.
Adding More Libraries in Windows 7
To add another library, do the following:
- Hold the Windows key and press E
- When the libraries screen comes up, right click any blank space, select New, and click Library
- Give your new library a name
- Double click on your new library and click Include a Folder
- Add specific folders, which will all merge into one library
- Now you have your own library, which represents your specific files, which may ordinarily be spread around your hard drive and network
Now you are familiar with Windows 7’s built-in feature, Libraries, which helps you organize your data.