There are likely some folders on your computer that you spend a great deal of time clicking through folders to get to. Hopefully you have some kind of shortcut set up to get to them.
In this guide you’ll learn how to do one better by customizing the send to menu – enabling you to send files to a folder without opening it; thus, eliminating the need to navigate through your folders all the time.
Note: Each profile in Seven has its own Sendto menu, so if you have multiple users on your computer, this will only affect your account.
Customizing the Send-to Menu
1. Press the Start button, copy %UserProfile%\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Sendto into the search bar, and press Enter
2. Customize the folder by deleting unused items and placing new shortcuts inside
Adding New Shortcuts to the Send-to Menu
To add a new shortcut, do the following:
- Navigate to the folder you want to send items to
- Go up to the parent directory (so you can now see the folder)
- Right click the folder and select Create Shortcut
- Now place the shortcut in your send to folder