(Get the theme above.) Want to change the UI of your Windows 7 Completely? Want to give it an overhaul and make it look absolutely awesome? Then you’re in luck, because today I’m going to show you how to apply custom themes in Windows 7.
1. First you will need to download and install either the 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) patcher (auto installer) for your 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7:
2. When downloaded, unrar the file using winrar or 7-zip, and run the .exe
3. Select your user interface language:
4. Click OK
5. Click Yes when this box appears
6. Then you need to patch these 3 files (as you see i already have mine patched.) Click Patch for each file; after patching them all, restart your computer.
7. You need a custom theme; there are a lot around the net, but I suggest you to go here and look: Visual Styles 7 on deviantART
8. Navigate to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
These are the files that have to be placed in the folder:
9. Then paste the folder and theme provided, then the theme should appear in your personalization menu
Note: The files are not named the same in all themes. It’s different from theme to theme. What you need to place in the resources folder is a .theme file and the folder with the same name (the folder is where the msstyles is in)
Also, in most themes there are only 2 files (a folder and a theme file), but in some cases there can be more. The process is the same though, you will just have more variants of the theme available via the personalization menu.
I hope you like my tutorial, and if you have any questions feel free to ask them below in the comments :)