Remember, since this does involve editing the Registry you should take a backup before you start, but you already know that don’t you :-) If you’re new to editing the registry, start here.
1. Open RegEdit and locate
2. In the Right Pane, Create a new DWORD and name it
3. Set the Value to 1 to enabled it (0 = disable)
4. Close RegEdit
Before you Reboot you need to create your background image and place it in the right folder. There are some strict rules, so pay attention please.
- Image must be placed in the folder: C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\Backgrounds
- Images must be 24-bit and not larger than 256kb
- Default Image must be named:
BackgroundDefault.jpg(This file Have to be there no matter what)
- If you would like to save resolution dependent versions of your image you can name them like this: