This guide will help you remove the Add/Remove Programs option from the Control Panel. This is not a fool proof method, but deters most users from accessing this list.
Please Note: This guide involves working with the Windows Registry. If this is your first time editing the registry, please read this guide to get you started.
Disabling Add/Remove Programs Access
- Start Registry Editor (Start > Run > “regedit”)
- Disable Current User: In the left panel, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Uninstall
- Disable All Users: In the left panel, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Uninstall
- Create a new DWORD value named NoAddRemovePrograms
- Set the value to 1 to disable Add/Remove Programs
- Set the value to 0 to re-enable Add/Remove Programs
In order for this to take effect, you may need to restart your system.