Windows Media Player Plus! Features
Windows Media Player Plus! integrates seamlessly with Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) and adds the following functionality:
- Tag Editor Plus: an alternative for Windows Media Player’s Advanced Tag Editor. Tag Editor Plus works on Windows Media Player 12 too, where the original Advanced Tag Editor has been removed.
- Real ‘find as you type’ in the library: you can simply start typing to search, without having to click on the Search field first.
- Access the standard Explorer right-click menu of a media file directly from within Windows Media Player.
- Restore last active playlist, media item, and playback position at Windows Media Player startup.
- Show currently playing media in Windows Media Player’s title bar.
- Disable group headers in the Library Pane.
- Enhanced and configurable replacement of the Windows Live Messenger Music plug-in (What I’m Listening To).
- Access the properties/settings of any Windows Media Player plug-in from within the main menu (Tools – Plug-in properties), without having to go to Options first.
- Quickly re-enable all plug-ins after a Windows Media Player crash.
Let’s take a look at some of those features in action:
Find as You Type
Set the ‘find as you type’ feature on the Libarary panel of the Windows Media Player Plus! Settings.
Now, as you type song names, artists etc. in the search box, they appear, in real time, in the results pane:
Show Song Details in Title Bar
On the User Interface panel, check Show currently playing media in Windows Media Plater’s title bar.
File Context Menus in WMP
If you want quick access to the file context menu (so you can, for example, change the file from Read-only, find when the file was created etc.): click the Context Menus tab and check the File Menu options.
Tag Editor Plus
The Advanced Tag Editor has been removed in WMP12 so this replacement may come in handy for those who like to keep everything tidy, tag wise.
To get quick access to the Tag Editor Plus, click the Context Menus tab and check the Tag Editor Plus options.
Now you can access Tag Editor Plus big right clicking a song and clicking Tag Editor Plus…
…and you can edit the tags from here:
Restore Playing Media at Startup
Don’t you wish you could open WMP12 and have it continue where you left off? This is by far the best feature, for me, of Windows Media Player Plus! In the Restore Media at Startup pane, select your preferences and enjoy continued playback even after closing WMP12.
There are a bunch of other options and, if any of these features sound good to you, I highly recommend you give this program a try.