My thoughts thus far:
- I don’t like Social Networking because:
- I’m concerned about privacy
- I value my time online and find Facebook etc. encourages “wasting time”
- I like Google’s approach to privacy and hope they (Google’s engineers) either avoid security holes (best) or they’re quick to patch any security holes (still better than most social networking sites)
- I have spent about an hour on Google+ in the last week and feel it’s going in the right direction that’s needed to succeed
Time will tell how well Google+ does. Hopefully it’s a Gmail or a Search and not a Wave. They already have a big user base (whether the users are aware or not) as tools like Buzz, Reader, and +1 are heavily integrated in the tool already. By virtue of that, Google+ wont be a ghost town for long… I hope.
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments.
Sign in to Google+ with your Google account.
While you’re at it, add me to a circle of yours: Rich Robinson – Google+ and keep up with the Windows posts I share there (as well as other, random, posts that may catch your attention.)