Web Analytics
   Forum Home •   FAQ         
   Windows Forums
Last visit was: Fri May 22, 2009 2:59 pm Donate a Dollar to Pay for Next Year’s Web Hosting It is currently Fri May 22, 2009 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Winamp, Oh Winamp .. No Respect...Darn it
New postPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:55 pm 
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Lately I have been noticing a lot of really high tech memory consuming media players out there. WMP 11, J. River Media Center 13, Real Player 11, iTunes software. Others like Winamp has been neglected but it is cool. I would like to think that it has more custom user skins and standard skins than any other media player. iTunes and Media Center 13 are good but would you use it over Winamp which has some great skins. My favs are VLC, WMP, MC13, iTunes and Winamp. I think Winamp is underrated but I just made some cool skins. I love Winamp because you can skin it without programming. You use your fav pics and that's that. What y'all think?

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Winamp, Oh Winamp .. No Respect...Darn it
New postPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I use to have WinAmp when mp3's were just becoming popular (I'm talking about 2001-2002). Back then I remember it was state of the art. I haven't used it since then, but one of the reasons I am using another media player now is the ability to manage entire music & video collections INSIDE the program and editing the metadata in the files through that same program, and also because most of these programs (save iTunes arghhhh...) can play almost all formats of audio and video without any external codecs. In my opinion (as a tech junkie and information systems major) the ability to add skins or customize the look of it is last on my list of things I need in a program.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 2 posts ]