Every month we take a look around some of the most interesting windows-related web sites. We collect the best free stuff and write tips to help you get more out of Windows. Below you’ll find wallpapers, icon packs, fonts, screensavers, and freeware we’ve found over the last 30 days. We’ve also put together our most popular windows guides.
Enjoy the overview of stuff you shouldn’t have missed in September 2008.
Desktop Wallpapers (More Wallpapers)
Dual Monitor Desktop Wallpapers (More Wallpapers)
Icon Packs (More Icon Packs)
World Flag Icons
Wraith Dock Icon Pack
iChad – Special Edition Black
Special Apple® Leopard Edition in Black of the popular iChad icon series.
This pack contains 100 (one hundred) 512×512 px icons in their .icns package goodness!
This represents almost all of the default programs included with Leopard and many of the common additional programs.
iPhone Flag Icons
Starbucks Address Book
Web Application Icons Set
Aquanox mini Icon Set
iLeopard Icon Pack SE
File size: 43.0 MB
Resolution: 512*512 px – 96 dpi
Total icons: 225 original Leopard icons.
HP Dock Icon Set
Radium Icon Set
Stilrent Icon Set
Green Icon Set
Black Elegant – Icon Set
Adobe icon set
Adobe icon set in 256×256 png format.
Vista Main Icon Pack for XP
The major icons used in Vista. There are 49 ICON files and 49 PNG files.
Vista Icon Pack for XP “vs. 1″
There are 42 icon files and 42 PNG files.
Vista Icon Pack for XP “vs. 2″
There are 23 icon files and 23 PNG files.
Fonts (More Fonts)
Video Game Fonts
Music Band Fonts
24 CTU Display 3 (Widescreen)
Glowing Vista ORB Screensaver
Live 3D Earth 1.8 ScreenSaver
Glowing Windows Flag SCR
Heart on Fire
Windows 7 Screensaver
Freeware (More Freeware)
- Recuva Recovers Lost Data on Your Drive
- Compress Your PNG Files from the Right-click Menu
- List of Freeware Vista Tweaking Utilities
- Vista Visual Master – The Complete Windows Vista Customization Package
- Take Charge of Automatic Updates: Set to Download Only
- Block Drives, Folders, and Files from Other Vista User Accounts [How To]
- Disable the Startup Sound in Windows Vista [How To]
- Slow Computer? Test Your Computer’s RAM in Vista